Sunday, August 3, 2014

My First Time Couponing!

Hey, Hi, Hello!

I feel like I haven't blogged in awhile, and it's probably because I haven't. Oops! Sorry!

I've had so many things going on lately! So, here's a little update.

My summer semester of school is finishing up this week, I actually have an exam tomorrow morning. I've stayed busy with work, while also trying to find some kind of full time gig, mine and D's three year anniversary was on the 23rd, and his 23rd birthday was this past week!

Not many people know, but D and I have decided not to live together before marriage. We're traditional in some aspects, and that's one that really means a lot to us. That's another post for another time, though. Anyway, I'm still living with my parents and they're actually about to move which means so am I! So, on top of everything else keeping me busy, I'm packing up my life to move! It's good though, it's actually closer to D which is fine with me!

So, the main point of this post was to let ya'll know that I went couponing for my first time EVER on Thursday! I went with my friend Kristen, and it was actually so much fun! I didn't do the whole "extreme" thing, and my saving where a 44%. So, here's all about it and what I purchased!

At CVS (where I went) if you have the ExtraCare Card you can use it to get the deals they have, plus you can use manufacturers coupons! Not only that, but overtime you can earn what's called "ExtraCare Bucks" on your card, and use it towards future purchases. (If you're interested in that, let me know and I will try and explain into more detail in another post.)

So, because I had just signed up for my ExtraCare card, I unfortunately don't have any ExtraCare Bucks, yet!

Here is my purchase from Thursday:
The Caress body wash was buy one get one 50% off if you used your ExtraCare Card, and I have a manufacturers coupon for $1.00 off of one. They're each over $6.00 so I paid $8.00 for two versus retail of almost $13.00 for two. I had a coupon for those razors, they were $10.00 for a pack of four, and I had a manufacturers coupon for $3.00 off. So, I got 4 good quality razors for less than $7.00! The St. Ives lotions were Buy One Get One 50% off. These retail at over $8.00 PER BOTTLE. I paid $8.00 for two, because I had a Buy One Get One Free coupon, instead of their sale, and they smell AMAZING. The conditioner I got was $2.50, and I had $1.50 off, so I paid $1.00 for conditioner! They had Wet & Wild nail polish for $2.99, buy one get one half off. I got two of those, and gave one to Kristen. Next, they had Revlon Lip Colors for BOGO 50% off, $9.00 for two as opposed to $13.00 for two. The next lip color is from Maybelline, and it was $7.00 retail, and I paid $5.00 with a $2.00 off coupon. Lastly, I got the Voluminous Butterfly Mascara it was normally around $7 or $8.00, and I had a $2.00 off coupon. 

Total with tax I spent about $40.00.

But that wasn't enough for me, I think I'm hooked! 




I went back on Friday because after looking at coupons.com, I realized they had just added a $2.00 off coupon for ONE of the St. Ives lotions. I went back and got two more of those, $9.00 for both when each usually retails at $8.00. Then, I noticed that Wet & Wild had their eyeshadows Buy One Get One Half Off, they retail at $2.99 each, so I bought one of those and got another one for $1.50, then I purchasd the blush and it was $3.99. I had no coupon, HOWEVER... if you have an ExtraCare Card, you can scan your card in store at the kiosk and print coupons RIGHT THERE! I signed up for emails from CVS, and when I did they automatically added $3.00 to my card, so when I went to check out I got another $3.00 off. 

Total with tax and all was $16.00! 

Sidenote: I really want to do a first impressions video of the products I bought so be on the lookout for that in the next few weeks! 

So, that's just my first experience using coupons! It was wonderful, and I am seriously hooked! I'll probably never be an extreme couponer, but it's definitely fun to get a good deal! 

I'm going to continue doing it and sharpen my skills, that way when D and I get married in 9 MONTHS!!! (Sorry, overly excited moment!)  we can save money on groceries and necessities that we will need! 

Have any of you ever couponed? Leave a comment below letting me know what/where you find the best deals on/at, and if you have any tips on couponing for beauty products or personal care items, please let me know!

Have a great start to your week, and remember... 




No comments:

Post a Comment